Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Tree cookies


I had a busy afternoon and made a forest of Christmas trees. AND I was very good and let the kids help me. Baking is one of those activities I know I should let the kids help me with, but because it is something I do to chill out, I find it hard to let the kids help me. Or else I am quickly chucking together something and want to do it fast. But I made an effort to let the kids help, cutting out the trees and icing them.
I used my book again. Certainly getting my money's worth from this book. It makes a whole heap, even not including the tray that I may have completely burnt. Oh dear! It was tray 5 I think, I just forgot about them.
Gingerbread Cookie dough:
125 grams of butter (I have made this twice and both times I have added extra butter, just a wee bit, it seems a bit dry otherwise)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 egg
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Beat butter and sugar, add egg and golden syrup and mix. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Wrap in glad wrap and put in the fridge for a couple of hours. Roll dough out between two pieces of baking paper. I break mine into smaller pieces, Much easier to control. Cut with a cookie cutter. Bake in the oven for 175 degrees for bout 10 mins. Once cool, ice!
So I got up this morning to find the silver balls I put on the top of the trees missing, I believe a wee mouse aka Ryan came out of his room last night and took them.
I had a rest from sewing yesterday, I have managed to hurt my shoulder. This morning though it is feeling much better so I will get back into it today. Kids have a play date and then I have to work tonight so not a lot of free time.
Tx

1 comment: